I think this is the biggest question I get asked when photographing people, this guide will help you choose the right looks for you! Planning your photo shoot will help you get the photos some great new family photos!
- DECIDE WHERE YOUR PHOTO SHOOT IS GOING TO BE:
Do you want an Sprint or Autumnal outdoor shoot with trees? A photo shoot at home? A studio style shoot with a theme? This will then decide the basis for the photo shoot and then it will be easier for you to choose what to wear.
To Book a photo shoot please contact Debbie at: www.debbieharephotography.co.uk or email@example.com
CHOOSE YOUR OUTFIT AND COLOUR FIRST:
This will help you work out your colour palette for the rest of the family. I would choose a dress that is fitted at the waist rather than shift or swing dresses. If you would rather wear a skirt pick one that is fitted at the waist or A-Line, sometimes I am the other side of the camera too and the photos always look so much better! If you are wearing say jeans and a top – make sure the top is dressier than a t-shirt, silk, chiffon or linen hang better and give a bit of glam to the shots.
- CHOOSE THE COLOURS FOR THE REST OF THE FAMILY:
Now you have picked your outfit then coordinate the rest of the family. I would have 2-3 colours and then variations of those colours in different shades. Keeping to classic outfits will ensure your photos will be stay timeless. Maybe bring some accessories – hear bands, scarves, hats, blazers, belts, fun socks are great way to make the photos more visual. These are the quickest way to take your outfits from average to amazing!
- SOLID COLOURS work well with pops of colour.
- CONSIDER YOUR COLOUR SCHEME AT HOME, for example if your home is decorated white then keep the colours light not dark.
- PLAN FOR THE WEATHER if you are planning a shoot outside in November think about coats, hats and scarves – don’t be miserable! Also, shoes that you can walk in but work with your photo shoot.
- TRY YOUR CLOTHES ON before the day and make sure you are happy with them! Maybe look at them in front of a mirror from different angles to see how they look.
- IF YOU FEEL GOOD YOU WILL LOOK GOOD!
TOP TIP: The current trend for 2023 is Naturals and Creams… AND Feel free to send me photos of your ideas and I can help you plan your photo shoot.
Book Here for my next Mini Sessions: www.debbieharephotography.co.uk